Review of the Garden Office, Garden Studio, Garden Room and Garden Pod market including predictions for 2013.
Charlie Dalton is a friend, a competitor and a very experienced Garden Office Builder. I could even say with some confidence one of the first and the best in our market. (So am I by the way). This new posting announces the imminent arrival of a “top 40 review of Garden Office suppliers”. ("The definitive Top 40 List of Garden Office suppliers in the UK" with financial data?) We will soon see it!
Grand Designs 4.5m high oak doors on super cedar garden room built by us in 2012 (colorcote urban roof at 12 degrees double tilt)
The Garden Office and Garden Studio market is “like” (perhaps 2013 will be the year of “like” why is there not a “dislike button” on facebook?
The Garden Office Market today Jan 2013
Traditional Garden Office and Store design and build by us 2012
About our company Garden Structures Ltd.
See here what a site looks like on my visit and what is intended as a replacement: I love the drawing but "the cat is not to scale"
Other Market information and lists of suppliers
- The Garden Room Guide
The Garden Office and Garden Studio Business 2013
- Research for your potential suppliers and narrow them down to a shortlist
- Get firm quotations
- Talk to the suppliers
- Get references
- Check out if you need planning permission
- Check out if you need to comply with building regulations
- Follow your best instincts
My Garden Office and Garden Studio market predictions for this year 2013 are:
- Continued growth driven by our economic situation as a nation
- Massive growth in Granny annexes and small accommodation buildings driven by the same + the escalating cost of care
- Development of new techniques will slow as we have enough insulation and cladding options already
- Diversification into other garden structures by established Garden Office companies as synergy exists
- Maybe a few more players will fail as competition will remain fierce
- In addition to self-build and full service offerings the client supplier relationship will develop to use more local labour for base installation, landscaping, electrics and plumbing. Driven by escalating cost of travel, and a fear of the effect of weather on productivity.
- Google will change their algorithm at least 3 times reshuffling the top 40. This generates more work for SEO companies and of course more revenue for their adwords goldmine.
- More and more “Garden Studio Pods” with different designs and maybe different materials as cedar reduces in popularity as a standard cladding for Garden Buildings
- Broadband range extenders in Garden Offices will become a popular extra we have been fitting them for some time and they work well
- Toilets and plumbing are becoming a "possible may have"